Millard Real Estate Guide
Millard was a small town annexed during Omaha’s suburban expansion that saw a population boom of 635 percent from 1960 to 1970.
Today, the neighborhoods inside of the independent Millard School District reflect that rapid expansion with quality, affordable homes.
Popular Westside Home Searches: One Story | Luxury | Golf | Pool
Where is Millard?
Millard is sometimes lumped into West Omaha but there are plenty of differences as you’ll discover below.
Sandwiched between West Omaha and Elkhorn or generally 132nd to 168th streets, Millard also stretches from Blondo St in Douglas County to Cornhusker Rd in Sarpy County.
Schools and Hospitals
Similar to Westside, the best way to geographically define Millard is to use the combined boundaries of the three Millard High Schools – Millard North, Millard South and the newest, Millard West.
The Millard Public Schools System is the third largest school system in Nebraska and continues to maintain a well deserved reputation of excellence.
Additionally, access to medical care is easy with CHI Lakeside centrally located and Methodist Women’s Hospital a short drive away.
ACTIVE MILLARD HOMES FOR SALE: REDUCED | JUST LISTED | OPEN | BARGAINS
Things to do in Millard
Millard boasts a multitude of entertainment locales from the L Street Market to the shops of Legacy and Millard Plaza—trust me, you won’t be short of things to do.
And, for the shopping enthusiasts the Nebraska Shopping Outlets are just a hop, skip, and a jump away.
Are you the outdoorsy type? Zorinsky Lake, a popular recreational area for residents, offers beautiful and well-maintained walking paths for anyone looking to get outside for walks, runs and picnics. And, for the golf enthusiast, Shadow Ridge provides top-notch golf terrain.
DOWNLOAD A MILLARD MARKET REPORT HERE
Where to Eat in Millard
Brian’s Favorite Millard Restaurants
- Hands down best pizza in Omaha is Mama’s Pizza located at 160th and Pacific.
- Watch out for flying shrimp at the Genji Japanese Steakhouse.
- 2x4s of the Old Millard Lumberyard are being replaced by pint galsses at Local Beer and Patio and Brick Street Tavern.
- Finger lickin’ good wings can be found at Oscar’s
- Le Voltaire French Restaurant is a quiet success
- Charlies On the Lake is a fun atmosphere with hard to find quality seafood.
- LeMars Donuts is probably the top spot for donuts
DOWNLOAD BRIAN’S FREE REPORT ON HOW TO BEAT A 7% INTEREST RATE.
Millard Home Summary
We know that going out west means more traffic, but that isn’t a deterrent to buyers who don’t let these houses sit on the market long.
Most of the homes you’ll find in Miallard were built in the 70s, 80s, 90s with emphasis to maximize square feet and value.
95 percent of the home sales are priced under 500k with an average home sale price in 2022 of $334,536. Home designs are predominately split-entry, mulit-level, and two story floor plans.
Bottom line is that Millard is growing with opportunity and options for a range of homebuyers.
A majority of the Millard community homes were built in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
The 2021 average home sale price was .. with an avg sq ft around…
- Look towards Linden Estates for a taste of Millard high end.
- The Millard Highland neighborhoods, south of Harrison Street, are coveted for entry level houses.
- If you’re looking for new construction, Millard West is where you want to start your search.